Operating as Sainsbury’s, J Sainsbury plc is the second-largest food chain in the UK, with a 16.0 percent market share in the supermarket industry.
Table of Content
- Growth in retail sales (including gasoline) compared to the 2020/21 fiscal year. Sales fell by 2.6 percent excluding fuel
- Underlying profit before tax increased by 104 percent in comparison to the 2020/21 fiscal year and by 25 percent in comparison to the 2019/20 fiscal year
- Retail operating profit growth of 6.7 percent compared to the 2020/21 fiscal year and 6.7 percent compared to the 2019/20 fiscal year
March 2022 YoY Financial Comparison
- Total company revenue was £29,895 million in March 2022 (52-weeks-ended), compared with £29,048 million during the same period last year
- The operating expense ratio during this period decreased to 96.1% in March 2022 (52-weeks-ended) from 99.8% during the same period last year
- There is a significant increase in the operating profit ratio from 0.2% in March 2021 (52-weeks-ended) to 3.9% during the same period this year
- The net profit ratio significantly increased to 2.3% in March 2022 from (1.0)% (52-weeks-ended) during the same period last year
Additional Key Highlights
- Sainsbury's raised £38.4 million for good causes and donated over 2.5 million meals
- Plan for Better, a key component of their new sustainability plan, was launched in June. To reach their aim, they are incorporating climate issues into their reporting and decision-making across the Group, as well as adopting strong targets and incentives
- This year, they introduced My Nectar Prices, an innovative data-driven solution that offers clients personalized discounts, offering even more value to loyal customers
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.