Overall sales were flat, digital was up marginally. Average basket sizes were down to $166 post the July bump. Fewer grocers believe they need third-party platforms to succeed in digital.
Table of Content
How do grocers perceive third party platforms? (Research Update)
- 53% of grocery retailers believe they can't scale their online business without third-party partners (2023)
- 59% of grocery retailers believe Instacart going public is the right strategy
- 87% of grocery retailers believe they will lose touch with their customer base because of third-party platforms
State of Digital Grocery: August 2023 Digital Performance Summary
- $78 billion in overall grocery sales in August 2023
- $6 reduction in overall digital basket size compared to July 2023
- -35% reduction in third party app sales in August 2023 compared to August 2022
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.