Digital sales were nearly $10 billion, witnessing a 6.1% YoY growth. Basket sizes were up as shoppers ordered more items with large grocers. Third-party sales witnessed a decline of 22% YoY.
Table of Content
Consumer Behavior Update: Checkout and Privacy
- 84% of grocery shoppers are dissatisfied with the speed of checkout.
- 43% of shoppers will we willing to try biometrics for an in-store check-out.
- 71% of grocers will increase the number of technologies used that utilize shopper data available over the next two years.
Digital Performance Synopsis
- -47% estimated drop in third party sales in 2023 compared to 2022.
- 5-7 fewer items were ordered with pickup vs delivery orders in July 2023.
Digital Sales Continue to be Flat This Year.
- Digital sales were 12.7% of overall grocery sales in July 2023.
- Store sales were 87.3% of the total grocery sales in May 2023.
- Shoppers visited the store more often during the Fourth of July weekend.
Third-Party Sales Continue to See a Significant YoY Dip.
- Pickup sales were 48.4% of overall grocery sales in July 2023.
- Delivery sales were 51.6% of the total grocery sales in July 2023.
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.