Digital sales in May 2023 were nearly $10.0 billion. Digital sales in April 2023 were $9.9 billion. While digital sales witnessed a 19.8% YoY growth, they remained flat this year with only 1.1% MoM growth.
Table of Content
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Grocery Update
- 67% of grocers say they've had senior level meetings where they've discussed ChatGPT (Feb 2023)
- 74% of grocery tech executives are looking for AI capabilities when selecting / RFPing new software
- 11% of grocers expect AI to significantly impact their immediate (24 month) staffing
Digital Performance Summary: May 2023
- The Grocery Doppio Performance Report provides an interactive summary of digital performance of the grocery industry. The summary above brings to fore the key highlights from May 2023
- The full report delves deeper into KPIs like Digital Sales, Store Sales, Sales across Digital Fulfillment Methods, and Average Basket Size, among others
Online Sales Vs In-Store Sales
- Digital sales were 13.1% of overall grocery sales in May 2023
- Store sales were 86.9% of the total grocery sales in May 2023
Sales by Digital Fulfillment Channels
- Pickup sales were 53.3% of overall grocery sales in May 2023
- Delivery sales were 46.7% of the total grocery sales in May 2023
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.