Digital sales were ~$11 billion in October 2023. Third-party platform sales dipped below 16% for the second time this year. Average digital grocery baskets dipped in October 2023.
Table of Content
Grocery Technology Spending: Holiday Outlook
- 78% of shoppers said they will shop a mix of digital channels and stores during the holidays.
- 53% of shoppers say they anticipate ordering for delivery, pickup and shopping in-store within the same week during the holidays.
- 83% of shoppers will visit a grocer's digital site / app / presence during the holiday season.
State of Digital Grocery: October 2023 Digital Performance Summary
- $11 billion in total digital grocery sales in October 2023.
- +8.2% increase in pickup sales over September 2023.
- +1.2% increase in price / item in October 2023 compared to September 2023.
- -1.8% decrease in basket size for third-parties.
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.