Q1 2023 digital sales at $29.9 billion accounted for 13.9% of overall grocery sales. The share of digital sales witnessed a slight dip of 0.9% in Q1 2023 compared to Q1 2022.
Table of Content
Feeling the pinch: Shopper Sentiment Update (March)
- 63% of shoppers are actively looking for deals when they shop (Mar '23)
- 73% of shoppers have shopped a private label grocery brand since Jan 2023
- 31% of grocers offers SNAP benefits while shopping online
Digital Performance Summary: Q1 2023
- The Grocery Doppio Performance Report provides an interactive summary of digital performance of the grocery industry. The summary above brings to fore the key highlights from Q1 2023
- The full report delves deeper into KPIs like Digital Sales, Store Sales, Sales across Digital Fulfillment Methods, and Average Basket Size, among others
Digital Sales Vs Store Sales
- Digital sales were 13.9% of overall grocery sales in Q1 2023.
- Store sales were 86.1% of the total grocery sales in Q1 2023.
- Digital sales contribution slightly decreased by 0.9% in Q1 2023, compared to Q1 2022.
- Digital sales in Q1 2023 were $29.9 billion.
- Digital sales in Q1 2022 were $30.5 billion.
- Digital sales saw a marginal dip of nearly 2% in Q1 2023, compared to Q1 2022.
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.