BJ’s Wholesale Club Announces its Retail Media Program
At A Glance
- BJ's Wholesale Club has announced the introduction of its retail media program, BJ's Media Edge™
- BJ's Media Edge™ makes use of Microsoft PromoteIQ
- The program gives brands a complete advertising solution to engage with BJ's members
- Early BJ's Media Edge™ adopters who ran a campaign on the Microsoft PromoteIQ platform saw a sizable return on their media expenditures
The Eastern United States' leading membership warehouse club operator, BJ's Wholesale Club, has announced the introduction of its retail media program, BJ's Media Edge™, which makes use of Microsoft PromoteIQ. The program gives brands a complete advertising solution to engage with BJ's members.
“We are thrilled to collaborate with Microsoft and offer brand partners a highly effective, omnichannel approach in order to increase brand exposure to our members. This program will continue to provide a tremendous opportunity for brands to drive growth, accelerate new product launches, and deliver on their business goals,” said the Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer of BJ’s Wholesale Club, Rachael Vegas.
Recognizing the growing importance of retail media in today's marketing mix, BJ's is dedicated to a future in which e-commerce and advertising coexist to give its members the greatest possible shopping experience. Early BJ's Media Edge™ adopters who ran a campaign on the Microsoft PromoteIQ platform saw a sizable return on their media expenditures.
“BJ’s Media Edge™ is a meaningful step forward for both our company and our brand partners. We designed this program to leverage the power of first-party data from our highly engaged 6.5 million members. This new program builds upon our existing digital marketing offerings with a customizable solution for brand partners to influence our members at every stage of their purchase journey, all while driving measurable returns,” said the Executive Vice President, Chief Digital Officer of BJ’s Wholesale Club, Monica Schwartz.
Here, we list some of the key opportunities:
1. Using a unified Microsoft PromoteIQ interface, brand partners can:
- Purchase offsite and onsite media using one platform
- Connect with members across touchpoints with high traffic on BJ’s owned properties
- Reach in-market members present across the open web
- Influence purchase behavior by targeting audience segments
2. Utilize social media and digital extensions to connect with members looking for inspiration
3. Real-time access to robust analytics and data
4. In order to better understand business consequences for brands, closed-loop measurement reporting capabilities are currently being developed by aligning ad exposure with purchases both online and in-club