Digital sales were 16.7% of overall grocery sales in December 2022. Digital grocery sales slightly grew by 4.8% in December 2022, compared to November 2022.
Table of Content
Digital Performance Summary: December 2022
- The Grocery Doppio Performance Report provides an interactive summary of digital performance of the grocery industry. The summary above brings to fore the key highlights from December 2022
- The full report delves deeper into KPIs like Digital Sales, Store Sales, Sales across Digital Channels and Fulfillment Methods, Average Basket Size, and Average Price per Item, among others
Digital Sales Vs Store Sales
- Digital sales were 16.7% of overall grocery sales in December 2022
- Store sales were 83.3% of the total grocery sales in December 2022
- Digital sales in December 2022 were $15.4 billion
- Digital sales in November 2022 were $14.7 billion
- Digital grocery sales slightly grew by 4.8% in December 2022, compared to November 2022
Online Sales Across Digital Channels
- Third-party sales accounted for 18.9% of all digital grocery sales in December 2022
- Sales through grocer app were 6.1% of all digital grocery sales in December 2022
- Grocer website is the primary contributor to total digital grocery sales with 74.6% in December 2022
- December 2022 third-party sales at $2.9 billion were 18.9% of all digital grocery sales
- November 2022 third-party sales at $2.9 billion were 19.7% of all digital grocery sales
- Share of third-party sales dipped by 0.8% in December 2022 compared to November 2022
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.
Check out Grocer Doppio’s “The State of Digital Grocery: Year in Review and Outlook” webinar for a walkthrough of the findings of the State of Digital Grocery in 2022.