Digital sales were 17.1% of overall grocery sales in November 2022. Digital grocery sales significantly grew by 24.6% in November 2022, compared to October 2022.
Table of Content
State of Digital Grocery: 2023 Digital Outlook
- 67% of grocery shoppers will maintain or increase their spend on 'prepared food' in 2023 (compared to 2022)
- 73% of store associates are unhappy with their digital tools (picking, communication etc.)
- The #3 challenge facing grocers in 2023 is lack of technology talent (#1 Budget, #2 Integration)
Digital Performance Summary: November 2022
- The Grocery Doppio Performance Report provides an interactive summary of digital performance of the grocery industry. The summary above brings to fore the key highlights from November 2022
- The full report delves deeper into KPIs like Digital Sales, Store Sales, Sales across Digital Channels and Fulfillment Methods, Average Basket Size, and Average Price per Item, among others
Digital Sales Vs Store Sales
- Digital sales were 17.1% of overall grocery sales in November 2022
- Store sales were 82.9% of the total grocery sales in November 2022
- Digital sales in November 2022 were $14.7 billion
- Digital sales in October 2022 were $11.8 billion
- Digital grocery sales significantly grew by 24.6% in November 2022, compared to October 2022
Performance of Online Sales Channels
- Third-party sales accounted for 19.7% of all digital grocery sales in November 2022
- Sales through grocer app were 6.2% of all digital grocery sales in November 2022
- Grocer website is the primary contributor to total digital grocery sales with 74.1% in November 2022
- November 2022 third-party sales at $2.9 billion were 19.7% of all digital grocery sales
- October 2022 third-party sales at $2.5 billion were 20.9% of all digital grocery sales
- Share of third-party sales dipped by 1.2% in November 2022 compared to October 2022
This is an excerpt from the report. To download the full report, fill in your details below.
Check out Grocer Doppio’s “The State of Digital Grocery: Year in Review and Outlook” webinar for a walkthrough of the findings of the State of Digital Grocery in 2022.